Another Jail Escapee Captured
On February 1, 2022, a cooperative effort by the Avoyelles Parish Sheriff’s Office (APSO) and the U.S. Marshals Service/U.S. Marshals Task Force located and captured escapee Rondrakus Taylor in Fort Bend County, Texas.
On September 27, 2021, Taylor escaped from the Avoyelles Parish Sheriff’s Office Marksville DC-1 Jail Facility along with four (4) other male prisoners. Rondrakus Taylor fled to Texas. APSO regularly updated the U.S. Marshal’s Service with tips and information received ultimately resulting in his capture by U.S. Marshals.
ALL OF THOSE 09/27/2021 ESCAPEES HAVE BEEN CAPTURED.
- William Johnson, a 27-year-old black male from Marksville, LA. UPDATE: CAPTURED on 10/21/2021 in Marksville, La.
- Kyle Cavalier, a 19-year-old white male from Bunkie, LA. UPDATE: CAPTURED on 09/30/2021 in Alexandria, La.
- Davantae Williams, a 20-year-old black male from Bunkie, LA. UPDATE: CAPTURED on 09/30/2021 in Alexandria, La.
- Dakeylon Berry, a 19-year-old black male from Hessmer, LA. UPDATE: CAPTURED on 02/01/2022 in Harris County, Texas
- Rondrakus Taylor, a 19-year-old black male from Mansura, LA. UPDATE: CAPTURED on 04/12/2022 in Fort Bend County, Texas
Investigations are still ongoing. More participants, persons who assisted their escape, or aided/abetted them may be identified with charges for all involved forthcoming.
Sheriff David L. Dauzat would like to thank the team of dedicated professional Law Enforcement Agents that worked together to apprehend this offender and safely place him back behind bars.